Sunday, May 10, 2009

Iphone Antics

So I was totally against the iphone for a long time. Then I gave in and got one. Now I'm addicted and it's unhealthy and stupid. I mean it's actually a really bad phone, and it's battery life is terrible and the fact that you can't send or receive MMS or take videos is a pain in the tit, however all the apps (wanky iphone term for applications) are just too good not to love. The obvious ones like facebook, google maps, flashlight, online banking and aroundme are all exceptional and useful. Then comes the totally pointless and timewasting apps like mini golf, driving sims and tap tap (copy of guitar hero). Which brings me to the app which I think is possibly the greatest time waster of all time. It's called 'flight control' and although it cost me a few dollars, the dollars it has saved in wasting my braincells on other pursuits cannot be counted. It was created by an Australian dude and as far as I know it's now the most popular app on the iphone.

It's damn simple. Guide the planes onto the runway, the helicopters to the helipad and the small twin props to the smaller runway without crashing any of them, but by golly its got me by the balls.

I guess my point is if you have an iphone, have a spare couple of bucks and have no need to be productive for the next year then get on board this game and you'll be well on your way to procrastination.

'Nuff Said
Image courtesy of: www.allaboutiphone.net

No comments:

Post a Comment